Miss a recent post

Miss a Recent Post?

I Made My First Banner Ever! and Catching Up!

Oh goodness. Not a real post since February!  Thank you all so much for your patience.
I have been loving all those darling banners and garlands I have been seeing around blogland and  finally sat down and made one for my booth.  Here is a sneak peek-


Uses my Silhouette to cut out the triangle flags and letters.  This was such a fun project and would love to go in the banner business now!
 I keep forgetting to take a picture of it hanging in my booth when I am there but promise I will try and get one snapped and show it to you- it really is cute I think.

 I also dolled up a few little chicks for Spring.  They asked for little tutu skirts!
We have been busy little bees since my last post.  Speaking of bees, my girlfriend from NM and her hubby came up this weekend for a visit and she wanted to help me feed the bees.  I suited her up in my bee suit (Jackie is on left) and I used the  pullover net suit (me getting ready to open the hive)
2 of our 3 hives did not survive the winter so we are down to only 1 hive.

March brought a trip to Phoenix to visit Bill's folks and many friends.  On the way back home my 2 sisters were in Albuquerque for our nephews State Basketball Championship and we were able to see each other for a few hours before we headed back North to Colorado.  What a blessing to spend time with them!

Much has been happening here- too much to post about but wanted to drop a line and say I am still here.  Jesus is helping me to sort out some much needed sorting of priorities as our ministry gets more and more busy but I hope to stay in touch when I can.

A snow storm is in the forecast for tomorrow so maybe it will end up being a snow day and I can play catch up on some projects!!  Our last snow had me out taking pictures like this-


I do so appreciate you all and your gift of friendship over the internet!  Thank you for checking up on me ! Know I think of you all often and try and visit your blogs when I can though I don't leave as many comments as I used to due to time.

25 comments:

Adrienne said...

I loved hearing from you again! I'm sad that your bees didn't survive the winter. Loved your banner and loved seeing you and your sisters. I wish we could sit down and have a nice, long chat over tea again. Would you believe it will soon be a year ago that we were there with you and your hubby? Much too long, dear friend!
~Adrienne~

Patti said...

Hi Mary! Luv the tu tu on the pink chickie...way too cute! I got the dish rack at World Market! It's so handy for the everyday dishes.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your banner hanging up!! Your sister looks like a twin,...I thought it was you! You look soooo happy!

Carol

On Crooked Creek said...

Mary,
So~o~o glad to hear from you!!!
...and I'm thrilled to see you making time for the important things in life! Your Ministry, your family and your friends!!!
Your banner looks amazing, dear friend! Tu~tu's on Chicks...too, too cute!!! Certainly put a smile on my face! :)
Have a gloroious and productive week. Visit when you can.
Fondly,
Pat

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

Good to hear from you girl. I want to see the whole banner, I know it is fantastic!

Miss Jean said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful visit with your family! For sure it's a snow day here for us as well. I'm going to do a little sewing, reading and tv watching. Hubs keeps wanting to go to the store, but I am not venturing out. We'll have to take a drive down when it thaws out around here. We're heading home in May for our grandson's 8th grade graduation! Yippee!

chris mckinley said...

Your banner looks great! So much fun to be able to get together with your family! Chris

Leann said...

So good to hear from you again. Looks like all is well and that you are doing what you want to/need to do.

Glad that you had a a great time with family!

Leann

June said...

Mary I love coming over to catch up with you. I always feel like I could be sitting at your kitchen table with you chatting about life. I adore the photo of you and your sister's and the darling baby. It sounds as if you are living life to the fullest and we can't ask for better than that!
many hugs...

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

You literally have been a very busy bee! :)

I wish you were closer so you could help me learn how to use the wonderful silhouette I won.

Have a lovely day!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Ohhh you are all so beautiful !
Happy things are going well for you. (())

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Don't you just love your Silhouette? Thanks for catching us up, sounds like you've been a busy lady. Great pictures!!

ImagiMeri said...

Beautiful banner! I just saw all the goodies you sent Chris in the supply swap.....well done you!

Hugs,
Meri

The Porcelain Rose said...

What a delightful post!
You and your sister's look so happy together. What a wonderful photo. Both my sister and my brother live far away (Oregon and Alaska)so we don't get to see each other often.
I love your banner! I have made many banners. Each one different. Sometimes they are hard for me to part with.
So glad you came to visit me! and if you decide to alter a pair of pumps.... I would love to see!
Take care,
Elizabeth

Leann said...

Hi Mary

Thanks for stopping by. I miss seeing posts from you. Hope that all is well and that you are a good kind of busy!

Leann

"Create Beauty" said...

Hi Mary, Thanks for coming over, and leaving a comment! I was so happy to see you love Jesus too : )

This morning I was singing 'Jesus Loves Me' while in the shower.

just because.

: )

Violet

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

So happy you stopped by. Know it will alll work out for your good.
(())

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hello my dear friend..I was so glad to hear from you girl..I think about you often..and now with rattle snake season even more so..How have you been?? I so miss some of the gals I really grew to love in blogland..But Mary I don't miss blogging anymore..It's all about big buisness anymore..seems like a little chat group we use to have is just gone..oh well people change with the times..I also miss Vanna and Chari..I pray you have a GREAT memorial weekend..and thanks again for coming by..lets don't lose touch..Hugs and BEE Happy Gloria

Holly said...

I just realized this morning that I hadn't gotten back to you yet and I was just thinking of you this past week!! How cool is that?! ;0)
I'll drop you a line soon.
hugs to you!

Marsha Splenderosa said...

Hi lovie...such a great photograph of all of you. Really wonderful to see the new baby too. Thank you SO much for hopping over to see Maryanne of The Garden. I know she will be thrilled! Her blog deserves many followers so I hope you will help us spread the word. Sending love...

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Just stopped in to thank you for your sweet comments on my sons graduation...I am still on cloud 9

Carol

Elyse said...

hi busy bee!

love your bunting and little chick in the tutu!!!

i'm so behind on blogging but visiting dear blogging friends, it looks like i'm not the only one. guess we're all so busy but it's always so nice to touch-base, you know?

i hope all is well.

happiest summer wishes

xo
elyse

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Mary,
Thanks so much for stopping in for your your kind words!!

Hugs,
Deb

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh it is always so good to hear from you. I think of you so often Hope you get our way soon so we can visit again. Love ya tons. Hugs, Marty

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Thank you for your prayers and for leaving a comment ... my back is good, my Sweetie had a heart attack the Sunday after we got back in the house. Took him to emergency, he has a 4mm stint and is doing well. That Wednesday my baby brother passed. It's been a rough July but BUT He is faithful ! I really appreciate and covet the prayers (())

Some More Meandering you maybe interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...