Miss a recent post

Miss a Recent Post?

Sheep in the Study!

Christmas decorating is just about finished.  As most of you do, there is always that tweaking here and there that continues to take place.  This year was a more simple way of decorating.

One of my favorite little addition is this darling vintage figurine.  I bought it several years ago for just a few dollars as the little girl was broken and no longer attached to the little guys hand.

 I found the figurine tucked away a few weeks ago and asked always faithful hubby if he could figure out a way to fix it.  He said sure and went and got a small headed nail and some glue and put her back to where she spins around!  Isn't it adorable!

 My other favorite this year is the lamb vignette in the study- 
 I have been collecting little sheep and lamps for some time now and decided they would be perfect for a Christmas display.

 This cute little set below I found just last week at ARC for 1.50. I know I said I was going to use just things that I had already but they had all the Christmas for 50 % off and just couldn't help looking!


 This little chalkware lamb was another find that same day for 1.00!

 The sheet music is from one of my old hymnals that I collect.  It was falling apart so didn't feel too bad about tearing out music.    Savior Like A Shepherd Lead Us and While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks  are the the pieces chosen for this vignette.
Do you see something different in that mirror reflection?  
Look at the pretty chair!-  Have a wonderful story of how I was blessed with that chair and will share it next time when I show you that side of the study!


.
Joining some of these parties
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots & Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Debra at Common Ground Vintage Inspired Fridays  Under the Table and Dreaming  DIY Showoff  Pink Saturday Nifty Thrift Tuesday A bowl Full of Lemons  Frugal Friday 
The Rose Garden-Saturday Show Off 
 A Stroll Thru Life - Tabletop Tuesday
Make it Pretty Monday, 
CowGirl Up,    Knick of TimeA Delightsome Life,  
 

16 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love your sheep collection :) Such a beautiful reflection of the room in your mirror, and I love that lampshade. Post full of pretty things!

RoseMarie said...

Hello Mary, that I could perceive beautiful Christmas today! with many treasures around every corner of your home! Blessings! Rose M

xinex said...

I love your Christmas decor, Mary. Those lambs are very cute and the boy and girl figurine looks so unique. That chair looks fabulous, can't wait to hear the story behind it. Happy Holidays!...Christine

Adrienne said...

What fun! I love the little lambs and the music and all of the sweetness of your guest suite/sitting room! And - yes - I spied that new chair in the very first reflection in the mirror! Knew it wasn't there when I sat in that corner a few months ago. Love what you've done - can't wait to see more! Sending lambie-pie hugs,
~Adrienne~

Carolyn Robbins said...

What cute little figurines, Mary. The collection together looks beautiful!

Miss Jean said...

It looks like it was meant to be there!!!! :-)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Mary Ellen, everything is so pretty. Love your vignette, the lambs are precious. Hugs, marty

Jenny's Heart said...

What a sweet collection!
Merry Christmas

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Mary your Christmas decor is wonderful! Love that hubby fixed the little figurine..Bonus she spins! I can't wait to see the rest of the room you sneaked a peak of in the room. So glad you enjoyed the post, yes it was so MY personality! you had your party tonight, hope all went well!

Carol

On Crooked Creek said...

Mary,
Your home is bright and cheery for the Christmas Holiday!
I adore your little sheep collection and adding a few pieces here and there make this such a statement for your adorable vignette! Love the hymns chosen. . .have a few of those "falling apart" hymnals here, too!!!
Your chair is gorgeous! I'll be back soon to see more and hear how you aquired this vintage piece!
Fondly,
Pat

lvroftiques said...

Darling Mary!! I have a chair like that too *winks*...I'm dying to see that armoire!...Hinty hinty Vanna

Donna Wilkes said...

I collect sheep also. Every Christmas I have a sheep mantel. I love yours. I never thought of combining sheet music with my little lambs, but I will now. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration.

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Hello Mary, the sheep are adorable! Love the romantic look to your Christmas decor - looking forward to reading about your lovely chair! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/Clever-Chicks-Blog-Hop-12.html



I hope you can make it!

Cheers,

Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick



Laurie Ritchey said...

Ilove that view of the room in the mirror. The little lambs, gathered together, look so sweet, and love the addition of the appropriate sheet music. laurie

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Love your sheep vignette! You will be one of the features tomorrow at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and pick up a feature button! Hope to see your prettiness again tomorrow. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Some More Meandering you maybe interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...