Miss a recent post

Miss a Recent Post?

Antique Books, Lace, and Pinecone Mantel

(I haven't gotten my house tour post finished so please forgive me not doing a complete tour but I will link the post here when finished- Wanted so to join a few of those fun tours and not be # 500 on the list!) 

 Simple Elegance.
  No bling or ornate Gold bows or huge gold ornaments. 
 This year I wanted a simple and fresh from nature feel.  

 Here is a peek of the overall mantel.  It is such a long one that pictures are so hard to take- it is much more lovely then this looks- really.


 Everything used was just what I had - lots of pine cones, greenery, little lace doilies-

 Silver trophies won are holding a pine cone and lace hanky-
love my little cherub too-
 Birds have found this mantel a happy place to nest-
 pretty candelabras picked up at yard sales and silver left beautifully tarnished
 Books!  Lots of beautiful old books most  given to us by a sweet family friend.
 Others picked up for pennies at sales.
 Each item not stunning on it's own but when put together makes for a lovely mantel.

Such a different look for my living room this year with it's understated elegance and I am loving it!

Lots more of Christmas to come here at the old house!  Stay tuned and
click here and here for some previous peeks at Christmas here this year.


Joining these fun parties

22 comments:

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

What a pretty mantle, Mary. Love the old books that you have incorporated, and the candle sticks too. What a great vintage touch.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those candlesticks are just beautiful! The old books add such a nice touch. Just beautiful!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Mary, it does look gorgeous all put together! Earthy , warm, and perfect!

Carol

Adrienne said...

Love every part of your mantle and the bit of your living room I can see. Only thing that would make it better is to sit there and chat with you!
~Adrienne~

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon said...

Everything is just beautiful! I love how warm and inviting your decor is. Just so pretty and peaceful! Have a wonderful holiday!

Take care,

Trish

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Mary Ellen, it looks so pretty. I love how you have all the old books and lace all mixed in. Gorgeous. Hugs, marty

Miss Kitty said...

Your mantel is just beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful photography of the mantel too. I saw your post over at Susan's Metamorphosis Monday party.

On Crooked Creek said...

Mary,
Serene, tranquil, calm...all is calm...is the way to describe this exquisite Christmas decor! I'm lovin' it, dear friend!!! Bring on some more soon, please!
Fondly,
Pat

lvroftiques said...

Mary your mantel looks splendid! And your living room is so welcoming and cozy!...Have I mentioned recently how much I love your drapes?.....I HEART em BIG TIME!! *winks* Vanna

Anne said...

What a beautiful mantle! Joining from Jennifer's Christmas walk.
xx
Anne

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Everything looks so warm and beautiful. I love your mantle and all the gorgeous decorations. Kudos. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
Hugs, Gayle.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Mary it is so elegant ! (())

xinex said...

Your home is gorgeous and it looks so cozy, Mary. I love all your Christmas decor, very relaxing and homey....Christmas

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Mary, that is one humdinger of a mantel to decorate but you've done a lovely job. You're right, understated elegance. Makes everything look so cozy in your living room. I'm eyeballing the lovely mirrored hanging above the fireplace. That looks like a unique piece.

Something Special said...

a beautiful Antique Christmas. I love it! Thanks for sharing with us all! I am a follower here.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your mantle is just enchanting! I love all the festive touches.

May the beauty, peace and joy of the season be yours.

Miss Jean said...

Your home is just beautiful with all the Christmas decorations!!! Of course, it's lovely all the time!

Katherine Wolak said...

That is just... WOW Girl, that is a masterpiece! :D

Hugs,

Laurie Ritchey said...

Mary, this is so pretty. I love the trophies, and the birds look right at home in the midst of all this loveliness. laurie

Jennifer Rizzo said...

You mantel looks lovely Mary!

Isabelle Thornton said...

Amazing! You are featured on my blog and on facebook! GJ!
XOXO
Isabelle
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Chateau-des-Fleurs/113300158681218

Lenetta Carnes said...

Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html

Some More Meandering you maybe interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...