Miss a recent post

Miss a Recent Post?

2012 Christmas Tour and We Call our Tree Stumpy


Welcome to the 2012 Christmas tour!  Our home is 100 or so years old give or take a few and depending on which room we are in as it has been added on numerous times. We wanted to keep the decor within the period which worked out great as I have always loved the romantic victorian period.

The first stop on the tour is the living room -

When I went to put up our tree this year I had forgotten that I broke the base while taking it apart last year.  Hubby to the rescue!  He found a cedar stump and drilled a hole in the middle of it and now we have "Stumpy the Tree" as we are affectionally calling him!


The Nativity is on the piano this year. I place a crown on the creche as it is houses the King of Kings!  I picked up the alter cloth crochet edging at a yard sale for $5. this summer. Old music lines the piano.


My sis bought this darling rabbit for me when I first moved here and I love to use it in my decorating.
Vignette on the antique radio of Shepherds visiting baby Jesus.  The Hymn is open to While Shepherds Watch.
A little table with simple things

Mantel done simply with old books, lace pieces and pinecones. You can see in more detail here if you would like.


From the living room you enter into the dining room which is still a work in progress-

I bought the little angel wings on Ebay last year for my booth and as they have not all sold decided to use them on the chairs for the season.
.
 Added wings to my girl bust too and a halo!

,

The buffet got a few changes as I borrowed the chalkboard from one of the guest rooms to use here.

WHite tree was made by stacking cake plates then wrapping white lights around the plates, inserting white greenery from a white tree I am not using and some pretty little ornaments.


A little vignette above the china hutch on the opposite side of the room-

I missed having my pretty rose dishes so brought them out and place them in the little kitchen hutch.

Another chalk board!

Pretty China continues in the breakfast nook area, my favorite room in the house!


 Assorted pretty dishes were stuffed into the rusty bird cage
 Little angels are everywhere!

 Stacked teacups in a lab beaker used as a cloche


.
Next stop is the Study - You can see more details of this sweet Sheep vignette here-
Pretty chair that my blogging friend, Jean, gave me!


I had used this tree outside last year and it looked rather faded .  I love the look of slightly flocked trees so took some paint that I had goofed up on ( tried making chalk paint and it was way too gritty) and painted the tips of the tree. HINT- if you decide to do this paint outside.  I threw a drop cloth down in the kitchen but still have little dots of paint that I am still cleaning off from my vigerious dabbling of the branches!

This picture is for Vanna who wanted to see more of the Armoire in this room.
It houses the tv and stereo equipment, and yup, VCR tapes!
 Does anyone else still have those or are we the only hold outs!?

Off the Study is one of the guest rooms.  Not much has changed here
.
 Wreath over bed




The blue guest room has a few changes too-



That box  below the tree is full of children's kitchen items!  I found it when I went to the Fancy Flea while in Florida last month.


Tree has no "real" ornaments on it but vintage leaves, cards, and anything found with bits of blue.
As you can see this room is off the Living room which is were we started and so we will stop.
I did a few little touches up stairs and may show those to you but I am afraid I have made you tired with all these pictures and don't want to do that.  

Thank you so much for taking the time to tour our home!
We love sharing our home with others and hope you enjoyed seeing a bit of Christmas here.

LInking to these great parties



 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday , Faded Charm,
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday Shabbilicious Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots & Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party, Make IT Pretty Monday
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special Debra at Common Ground Vintage Inspired Fridays  Under the Table and Dreaming  DIY Showoff 

Home Stories A to Z
Southern Hospitality
Savvy Southern Style
Elizabeth and Co.
Funky Junk
Pink Saturday
Virtual Christmas Tour 
Kelly's Korner Tour  
Cow Girl U;p 
My Repurposed life

32 comments:

Salmagundi said...

Beautiful, as always! Sally

Evulsianka said...

Piękny klimat, cudowny wystrój domu. Pozdrawiam z Polski

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

I know this gorgeous home!!

ga447 said...

Beautiful thank you for sharing, I love Armoire..

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Outstanding Mary..Wow you out did yourself once again..I love your home..want to trade ha ha!!
You have that magic touch my dear friend..I bet your house guest love coming there..Many Blessings to you and your family girl..Hugs and smiles Gloria

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Mary, I don't even know where to start, your house is gorgeous! I love the views out the window! Your Christmas decorations are beautiful in every single room!What a treasure of a house. Oh, I hope you feel better, that must have been one dozy of a root canal.

Carol

Shelia said...

Hi Mary Ellen! Oh, I'm just awestruck as your home is so beautiful! You have really made your house gorgeous for Christmas! Everything is just stunning!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Adrienne said...

I loved seeing your home and I can envision every square inch! I loved seeing 'my' guestroom again - such sweet, happy memories came flooding back! Your home is lovely and you have such a creative touch with your decorating. I could almost 'see' you and I sitting in your cute, little kitchen nook - chatting and enjoying a cup of tea!
~Adrienne~

Pondside said...

It's all so pretty - but I think I'd spend most of my time in the breakfast nook. I love it!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your home is gorgeous and I love all of your decor. So beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Completely enchanting! Your hubby is one crafty elf!

Have a holly jolly kind of day!

Miss Jean said...

I love all the rose dishes with all the white and pink decorations!!! I can't wait to get all of my dishes out!

June said...

Mary you have created the most enchanting Christmas home! I want to jump in the car and drive all the way to CO and stay with you for Christmas in one of those beautiful guestrooms!!!!
The way you created that little white tree is genius my friend! I would love to try that some year. I LOVE it!
I have always loved your beautiful home and seeing it at this time of year is my favorite. Just beautiful Mary!

Wishing you and your family a Blessed Christmas.
hugs from here...

On Crooked Creek said...

Mary,
What a lovely, e l e g a n t home you have, dear friend!!! Each room is full of cherished treaure finds and heirlooms!!! The Angel wings are stunning on your chair backs!!! My favorite vignettes are those with the piano and sheet music, your sheep and the crowning Nativity!!! Thank you for allowing us to tour your home.
Fondly,
Pat

Carol OurSearsKitHome said...

Mary,
Beautiful, elegant, wonderful!
Your hubby's solution to the tree base is terrific.

Donna, The Decorated House said...

So many pretty decorations Mary! You have been very busy indeed. Merry Christmas to you!

Andi's English Attic said...

Your Christmas house looks beautiful but I have to say how much I like that tree stump. It looks really lovely and very 'Narnia'. What a fab idea. xx

Julie said...

Such a beautifully decorated home, Mary. I especially like how you've incorporated your pretty pink rose china into the Christmas decorating. It's all absolutely gorgeous!

Denise Marie said...

Mary, luv every lil detail! That pink stove!! I have a fridge.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Hi Mary,
You have such a beautiful home all decorated for Christmas. I enjoyed your Christmas home tour so much! Thank you for sharing your home during this blessed season!
Nancy

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Oh Mary, I have to admit that I am coveting your lovely old home! Of course, part of the charm is in how you decorate and I think you have done a wonderful job of recreating and preserving the look.
I truly believe that I was born 100 years too late as I have such a love for old, old homes. In my part of the country, Oklahoma, old homes such as yours are very hard to come by when you live in the country. :( We built a new house several years ago and tried to make it look old but it just doesn't have the same feel, character and charm. But it will have to do as God has not given us a desire to move anywhere else. LOL
I see snow...lots of snow...through your windows. Brrr!! We are having temps in the 60s. Stay warm and I look forward to seeing more of your lovely home.

Cathy and Paul @One Creative Couple said...

Your home looks beautiful, Mary. It is filled with so much eye candy!! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Rizzo said...

Thank you for linking your lovely holiday home!!!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Sigh. didn't make me tired just made me want to ask "when can I move in?"
(())

Chenille Cottage said...

Heavenly! Your home is so peaceful and welcoming. You have poured so much love into every detail. It's evident that you have a deep and abiding love for the things of God!
Blessings and a very Merry Christmas!
Carolynn xxx

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Your home is lovely and I have serious coveting of your armiore. I think I mentioned it before. Sending you thoughts of happiness and joy for your holidays.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Holly said...

Where did you get the angel wings for the chair backs?

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Oh, absolutely gorgeous! Everything is so lovely. Thank you for sharing. Karie

sweetinspirationsbyjpdesigns said...

Mary, thank you for the tour....everything is beautiful! Your piano reminds me of my grandmother's. She used to play at home and all the time in her church where my grandfather preached...sweet memories!!!
I found you at Charm of Home and will be following you, now.Happy Holidays!
Janet

Susan said...

This is a beautiful gorgeous home!! Merry Christmas!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Mary, your home looks just beautiful. You have it decorated so beautifully. The chair that Jean gave to you was the chair that I gave to her from making the red and white quilt. It was the chair that I was in our home when I was a child and I read in. It looks beautiful in your home.

Happy New Year!!!

Becky

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O MY!! Be still my heart!!

Stunning....absolutely stunning!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Some More Meandering you maybe interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...