Miss a recent post

Miss a Recent Post?

Hollis Gardens and Meeting Carol from The Polka Dot Closet

 Hollis Gardens in Lakeland, Florida was so pretty-  it is situated on one of the lakes there in Lakeland (sorry I have already forgotten the name of the lake)  - Thought you might like to see a few pictures of the delightful time we spent walking around the lake and touring the garden.
Beautiful pathway just lush with flowers and plantings
View of lake from the gardens.  There was a bustle of activity - from a wedding to dozens of High school students having their (I think would be) homecoming pictures taken in their fancy clothes.
 This bird really wanted his picture taken I think!
 He sat there in this pose for the longest time!

 Sunday I took it easy and stayed at our lovely condo. Then Monday I drove ( yes, I got brave and rented a car!) to Orlando to meet Carol from The Polka Dot Closet. She drove me around the area and took me to her fun antique store where she has her booth. She fluffed her adorable booth while I shopped then we went to lunch downtown at a great little place. I had lobster bisque soup and a yummy sandwich and we sat and talked for the longest time like we were old friends! So fun!!!!
 Carol was a load of fun and is so much more vivacious then her fun blog shows! She is just full of energy and it was fun getting to spend time with her! Carol's son is getting married over the Thanksgiving weekend and it was so sweet of her to take time out of her busy wedding time to spend the day with me- Thank you Carol!

She sent me home with some of her beautiful water slide decals and some other goodies from her space. I am looking forward to using the pretty decals on some bottles and one of the bigger ones on one of my finds from the Fancy Flea. Carol sells these in her online shop if you are interested.

If you ever have the opportunity to meet a fellow blogger- DO IT!! 
 I haven't met one yet that I haven't loved!

22 comments:

Divine Theatre said...

I love that photo of the bird! Maybe it was HIS Homecoming!?
Thanks for posting these photos. I never knew this place existed!

xo

Andie

LV said...

Would really enjoy taking a tour of these gardens. Your friend has a lot of neat things.

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

What a delightful day ~ Fantastic photography ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I've met Carol and Love her!!! She is a "hoot"!!! Her booth looks great and I see she has changed it some!
Fun time!!!
Warmly,
deb

Shabby chic Sandy said...

How fun to get to spend the afternoon with Carol! You will love the water slide decals--I do!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

How wonderful. sounds like fun...and so great that you got to meet Carol! I just love her! She has the neatest crafts and projects.

-Pat

Light and Voices said...

Enjoyed your cyber tour of garden and antique shop. It is so nice that you met a blogger on line and then was brave enough to go visit with her. And she had the time to spend with you. You are both so lucky to have had such a nice time. Memories....
Joyce M

Adrienne said...

And I haven't met a blog friend I haven't loved, either. Especially you, my friend! Loved having a tour with you and seeing Carol's shop. So glad you ventured out and found your way to meet her.
~Adrienne~

Tina´s PicStory said...

great shots! i love the 4. :)

Olga said...

What a gorgeous place! I love the picture with the bird.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty place to take a walk - thanks for sharing it with us. Sounds like you had an enjoyable visit and nice lunch with your blog friend.
Thanks for stopping by, The color is fading fast and a lot more brown in the mix. :/

On Crooked Creek said...

Mary,
The gardens were breathtaking, indeed!!! How fun to meet a fellow blogger!!! Her booth is lovely! I sa a few items in her booth tha I have in my home. One is an heirloom hat box belonging to my MoMa! I'm sure Carol enjoyed a much needed break from the wedding plans to refresh herself, as well!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful trip with us!!!
Fondly,
Pat

The Polka Dot Closet said...

You are so sweet, thank you for mentioning me! Now, the picture.....Lord girl I look like I had a few drinks before I showed you my booth...Oh I bet the rest of the pics were horrid LOL! So glad I got to meet you, I picked a really good picture of you for my blog...Think I will change it LOL!!! No, I'm kidding, take a peek tomorrow!

Carol

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Beautiful photos. I can see why you had such a lovely time there in Florida and with Carol. Now I gotta ask...did you buy anything from her shop? I know I would have ;)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Sounds like your entire trip was so much fun. Isn't it great to meet up with blogging friends? I love Carol's blog and all her fabulous creations including those decals. It sounds like the two of you had such a great time together.

Shelia said...

Hi Mary Ellen! OH, what a beautiful place you've visited. Glad you had so much fun in Florida and meeting a blogging friend. Her booth looks so cute and how sweet of her to send you home with some goodies.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I adore Carol! How fun!!!

Mary, I have a special post up today about our friend Ceekay.

Can you please help spread the word?

Connie said...

I am so glad that you and Carol had time to spend together. How fun :)

Connie :)

Beth said...

Oh, how beautiful, Mary! Glad you and Carol had a chance to meet.

Holly said...

Hi Miss Mary~
What fun you had. I'm so glad that you and Carol got together....two fantastic bloggers with amazing booths - woot! Hope all is well with you.
blessings!
Holly

Leann said...

Oh Mary

I'm so glad that you had such a great time. Yes meeting a blogging buddy is fun!

Thanks again for the goodies!
Leann

Alicia said...

The gardens look spectacular! I have never met another blogger as yet, it's definately on my to do list :)

Some More Meandering you maybe interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...