Miss a recent post

Miss a Recent Post?

Fancy Flea -First Day of Discovering Florida!

I have been wanting to get a post up since coming back from our trip to Florida on Thursday.  We came home to a city wide gas outage and my computer dead!  Oh well we had a great time in Florida-  just hoping the gas gets turned on soon so I can take a shower.  These spit baths just don't do it but it sure makes me thankful for showers and hot water!

I am having a bit of a time sleeping tonight- actually now this morning (Sunday)  so thought I would use hubby's computer to do a quick post! (Got a knock on the door at 8:00 a.m. Sunday to turn on gas- Yippee Jesus!)

Thank you so much to all who gave me ideas of what to do while in Florida.  Saturday was the one day hubby didn't haven't sessions so we went to Lakeland and attended the Fancy Flea!!!!  I was so excited that we were able to go! 

It was so fun and the booths were just each pieces of art in the display.  Here are some of the highlights that I saw-


One of the first places that I had to stop and drool was this darling booth where  there were little children kitchen sets.  Each had a stove, sink, and oven and complete with little pots and pans, a rug an apron and many other little items. 

 The creator of these darlings was super sweet and although she doesn't have a blog said she has a facebook page where you can see more of her creations.  Unfortunately I lost her card somehow - if any of you know who this is and the address to contact her please let me know and I will post a link here.
Edited to add- Karen the creator of this gems found my blog somehow and here is her facebook account for you to find out more about these adorable kitchens!

I told hubby that we are going to have to make up a few of these for our booth-  I think they would be great fun to make and would sell well also.


Dress forms were abundant at the Fancy Flea.

Loved this sweet booth and it's owner. This is "Chic to Antiques".  She doesn't have a blog either unfortunately-

Thought this was a fun idea-  the gloves are filled with fiberfill and also have wire in the fingers so they can be posed in different ways.

I found several great finds that were small enough (well maybe not small but I made them fit) in my luggage for the return trip.  I will show you those soon!
 Paris Rags booth!   Found a darling piece that I so wanted but as we went latter in the day she didn't have the size I needed. Darn!



After the Fancy Flea we went to Hollis Gardens and several of the lakes in the area- so many different plants and birds then what I have seen in the southwest~


It was a fun first day of exploring Florida!
 Have lots more to share including meeting up with a blogging friend!
 Can you guess who it might be?

20 comments:

AllyJo said...

This is only 45 minutes from my house and I've been meaning to go. I'm just sick I missed it. Thanks for the wonderful photos. Glad you got to make it and I hope you enjoyed your stay in Florida.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That looks like so much fun--so many unique things! I love those kid kitchens and the dress forms are dressed so beautifully!

sissie said...

Hi Mary,
I wish I could have been there. Wow, what loveliness. I would have made a b-line to Paris Rags.
Can't wait to see what you got.

hugs
Sissie

Carol OurSearsKitHome said...

It sounds like a great trip. I would love to get to the Fancy Flea someday!

Salmagundi said...

Glad you are home! I kept thinking about you and the 'no gas' situation. Happy to hear that it is back on - that's something when the whole town (plus Aguilar)is shut off. Enjoy your shower!!! Sally

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Mary, Looks like a grand time at the Fancy Flea. Love your pics and see so many great treasures.
I just have to make a trip one day too.
So glad your gas is back on. Hot showers are a blessing hey!!
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Leann said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time - I wish that i could have been there too!

Thanks again Mary for the wonderful giveaway too. Tea with honey?! Yumm!!!!!!

Leann

Elyse said...

hi mary!

i can see that i have lots of catching up to do here! your photos are lovely and i hope all is well!

xo
elyse

June said...

Hi Mary,
I loves seeing these photos of the Fancy Flea.
I'm happy to read that you had a good time while in FL. But what a bummer to come home to no gas. I hope you an alternative heat source, because if you are getting the cold we are here it's going to get into the teens tonight bbrrrr
I can't wait to see who you met while in FL.
hugs...

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Great pictures Miss Mary!! I sure enjoyed the day, I had known you were there we could have met.....Oh wait we did meet LOL!

Carol

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Oh, what a fun place to be! That little kitchen set was just too adorable. Goodness. I would have been doing some major shopping and buying another suitcase or two just to bring home some of those lovely goodies! ;)

Miss Jean said...

I'm so glad you were able to have a wonderful time!!!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your adventure looks like so much fun! I am so happy that your gas is turned back on.

Shelia said...

Hi Mary Ellen! So glad your gas is one and you can take a soak! OH, what a cute place. I love those little kitchens! My little grand daughter would love this.
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sandy Ang said...

wow so many amazing things. wish we had flea markets like that here

On Crooked Creek said...

Mary,
AMEN for Hot water and showers!!! Reminds me of the time we went camping..."Mr.Ed's" Men's shower Room had hot water...the ladies didn't!!! Lovely photos from your trip! Those little Children's kitchens are adorable!!! Have a blessed week!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love it all, so many fun goodies. I love those mannequins! Those transformed cabinets are adorable and all that tarnished silver put a huge smile on my face. Thanks for sharing Mary. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Wow, that is a "fancy" flea and looks like so much fun. The flea markets around my home are very basic - I still love them, but they aren't really set up for eye appeal.

Thanks for sharing a little of your fun trip at Knick of Time Tuesday, Mary!

Creative Breathing said...

Mary! All I had to read was that you were visiting Florida, and I jumped right over to visit via your post. I have always heard the best Flea Markets are in Fla., and it looks as though this is true! Oh my gosh the little kitchen stoves are so cute. Looking forward to your next day. Enjoy! Elizabeth

Ido said...

Oh my gosh, how fun to live in Fla. we don't have those kind of flea markets here where I live. I enjoyed your photos. thank you!
XXXX
Ido

Some More Meandering you maybe interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...