Miss a recent post

Miss a Recent Post?

How to Fix a Plaster Repair Creatively

 I showed the light switch problem created when we rewired the house on this post about decorating this room completely and only spending $10.00 (It's a fun read about how I decorated this entire room ).
I had this white patch around the light switch that needed help. I don't want to repaper the room yet so was looking for a way to camoflage it.

Can you see the where the light switch is now?
 I found this mirror with picture in the closet when I was cleaning out all the junk to make my creative space.  I have had this for years but when I saw it I thought that it might be the solution to my problem.
 I just didn't think that wolf picture was the look I was going for and had this darling cottage picture in a frame that was falling apart. It fit just perfect!

I placed the frame up to the wall where the patched area was and traced around the inside rectangle  area where mirror had been ( oh yeah, should tell you I took the mirror out of frame too!) using a pencil.

The music sheet pages were wallpapered to the wall itself  inside the pencil outline.(I used the liquid starch Technique that I showed how do HERE.   I then took some mod podge and covered the light switch cover and put several coats on of the mod podge, drying between coats. I figured with hands flipping the switch that it probably needed a little more protection.
  I then just hung the frame on the wall and made a little wall vignette with some other pretties.

What do you think? 
Is it a good solution?








  May link to these lovely parties-
 Everything Under the Moon for Bedazzle Me Monday  
Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday, Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday, Mop it Up Monday The House in the Roses Show off Your Cottage Monday , A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday, Show Me What ya Got, Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday, Knick of Time Tuesdays, One Project at a Time at A Bowl Full of Lemons, Cow Girl Up at Cedar Hill Ranch, Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays, What's It Wednesdays , Outdoor WednesdaysFrench Cupboard for French Inspiration on Thursdays, Delightful Inspiring ThursdaysThe Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays, Kathy at A Delightsome Life Home and Garden Thursdays, No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays, My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday,French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday, 2805 for Potpourri Friday , The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday, Debra at Common Ground , Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday, Tatertots & Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party , Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special, Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design

17 comments:

Oliva Ohlson said...

So very creative! At first I didn't realized the light switch was even there...had to take s second look!
Oliva
PS: I completely missed the AZ Bloggers get together. I hadn't had much of a life lately.

Wanda said...

Genious! That's what you are!

Bonnie Jobe said...

I think the least expensive things are the most fun and this is very creative! Love the music and the old cottage print. Lovely vignette!

miss flibbertigibbet said...

That is a very creative solution! Great job on the room!
Blessings, Lorraine

Adrienne said...

Now if you could only figure out how to have music play when you turn on the light switch! Love your creative 'fix'. Who woulda thought?
~Adrienne~

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

You are so creative. I would never in a million years think of this. Love the look. Hugs, Marty

Sharing Shadymont said...

You did a fabulous job! Love the whole area and all your pretty items. So nice!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

How cleaver and it looks great!

Sue said...

I always cover my switch plates when I wallpaper, so seeing what you did just made perfect sense! :-) It was smart and fun to use your creative artwork as a practical solution to cover up an electrician's faux pas. It looks really nice, Mary.

Miss Jean said...

I love it and can't wait to see it in person!!!

On Crooked Creek said...

Mary,
What an amazing fix!!! The English Cottage photo used is stunning with the wallpaper!!! You are such a creative lady, indeed!
Fondly,
Pat

Terry said...

Genius!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love it! I bought the exact mirror at an estate sale this winter. The top has a very old magazine picture, but I really love your idea of the sheet music where the mirror was. Clever cover up, too!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness...best camouflage job EVER!!!...Really. I'm going to remember this one! Kudos.
M.L.

Shirley said...

WOW, this is so creative..guess you know how to think outside the box! I would never have come up with such a beautiful solution.
Very nice..

victoriantailor said...

That is amazing! looks so good, I have so many places in my house I could do this!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Mary,
You are so creative! Thanks for linking you great idea with us at Ivy and Elephants. It is a feature this week! Please feel free to stop by and grab a featured button.
Hugs,
Patti

Some More Meandering you maybe interested in

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...